by Emily Moore
Fall is in the air! Yesterday marked the first day of the most wonderful season of the year - fall! From donuts to Pumpkin Spice Lattes, our team loves this time of year. As with every month, we put together a list of our favorite things for September. Enjoy!
1. Blue Bird Bake Shop Located in the Audubon Park Garden District area of Orlando, this little bake shop is a gem. Cupcakes, coffee, and cute décor, what more do you need? They have original cupcake flavors year round, as well as seasonal flavors. The team at Market Colors is in love with the Neapolitan - chocolate and vanilla cake with strawberry icing. It might be the best cupcake I have ever had... and I have had A LOT of cupcakes.
2. Eos Lip Balm The never-ending quest of searching for the perfect lip balm may finally be over! My new favorite definitely has to be Eos. These organic lip balms are made with shea butter and jojoba oil. You don't have to know what either of those are to understand why people are obsessed with this little egg-shaped lip balm. From Sweet Mint to Pomegranate Raspberry, the flavors are unique and soothing. Eos has lived up to their name and perfected the "evolution of smooth."
3. French Breakfast Donuts I could eat breakfast for every meal of every day, so I love finding out about new and exciting recipes to try. These donuts are easy to make and delicious, plus they will make your kitchen smell amazing. Also, what says fall more than delish and fresh donuts?!
4. Wooden Photos This craft is my favorite kind... one that looks much more complicated than it really is. Lizzie loves this look so much that she made tons to put all over the Market Colors office. It is really an inexpensive way to highlight a unique photograph. This tutorial video shows you how it's done.
5. Paper Paris If you know me, you know I am obsessed with all things Paris. Ever since I was blessed enough to visit, I am drawn to anything with an Eiffel Tower on it. My love is a little intense. So when I saw this paper Paris city that I could carry around with me all the time, I freaked out a little. This free paper cut lets me reminisce being in the city I love whenever I want. It’s the perfect addition to my growing Paris collection!
6. Milk Frother I was with a friend at IKEA when she got really excited about a display of these three dollar milk frothers. I drink a lot of coffee so for three dollars, I thought “Sure, why not!” and got myself one. It was probably the best three dollars I have ever spent! It makes my coffee and tea just a little more special in the morning. But wait, there is more! It is also perfect for hot tea or for mixing chocolate milk or hot cocoa. After spending the night at my place and seeing my frother, that was all my mom wanted for her birthday this year. It has become a kitchen necessity in my family!
7. Maasai Warrior Laptop Case - Market Colors Whether you’ve just headed back to school or are just looking for a cozy home for your laptop, this case is a perfect fit! I have a friend who never bothered to use a laptop case before was gifted one and uses it on the regular now. With a roomy front pocket and two great colors to choose from, trust me, your laptop deserves this case!