by Jessica Porter
In Florida, where fall feels a lot like, well... spring, summer, AND winter, we have to do everything we can to make it feel a bit more crisp, cozy, and autumn-y. Because of that, we've done our research on what things scream "fall!" Please enjoy our October favorites filled with fall delights as well as other new surprises.
1. Bath & Body Works "Leaves" From pumpkin-spice everything to bonfires at night, October is all about the smells. And now for two years in a row, one of my "scent traditions" has been the delicious "Leaves" candle from Bath and Body Works. The name may be a little off-putting, but trust me, once you get a whiff of the red apples and spiced berries this scent contains, you'll have this candle burning all season long.
2. J. Crew Socks Gentlemen, there's something for you too. J. Crew has some pretty awesome socks that will amp up any outfit. Solids, stripes, camo, they've got it all. I love anything that will add some style to your wardrobe and keep your feet happy too.
3. A Beautiful Mess photo app Thanks to smart phones, editing and sharing photos is now easier than ever. I am having a ton of fun adding filters, borders and doodles with the "A Beautiful Mess" photo app. Created by bloggers Elsie and Emma, this app helps your photos "speak for themselves." By adding an arrow doodle here or a fancy border there, your photos can become even more uniquely you.
4. World Map Earings Here in the Market Colors office we love our maps! They remind us of where we've been, the people we've met and the places we've yet to go. So we were ecstatic when we found these vintage World Map Earrings. No longer are maps just for decorative wall hangings. These beautiful earrings are a simple accessory that carry a big meaning.
5. Pumpkin Seeds Of course, it wouldn't be October without pumpkins. The pies, the patches, the lattes - I love them all! But I especially love a new twist on an old favorite. Pumpkin carving has always been an October classic and the age old question still remains: what to do with all those seeds? Well, here are five new recipes that add a unique spin on roasting pumpkin seeds. From Ginger-Orange Zest to Cinnamon Sugar, you've got to try these fun flavors!
6. Love Nail Tree Love Nail Tree is a company that specializes in graphic design t-shirts and vintage-inspired jewelry. The products are what caught my eye, but their aim and mission for the company is what really intrigued me. Behind every product they sell there is a message, a story to tell. Love Nail Tree believes these stories are "the necessary drive for the kind of dialogue needed among people for change." Products with a purpose are definitely some of my favorite things.
7. Forest Cable Scarf It may still be near 80 degrees here in Florida, but that doesn't mean I won't rock a scarf. It's so warm and cozy I just can't wait for a chill in the air. I love the deep forest green, white tribal detailing and wonderful handmade Ethiopian craftsmanship. This scarf is a must-have for October.