by Lizzie Wirgau
"Summer, summer, summertime. Time to sit back and unwind." So true, Will Smith. So very true. Blame it on the summer nights, weekend vacations, or froyo parties... I love this time of year. This summer we have six amazing interns, over a dozen new products, tons of fun events planned, and an Africa trip set to visit our incredible craftsmen!
Please enjoy this month's Favorite Things
1. Instagram Photo Album - Artifact UprisingOkay, so we may have stolen this amazing organization from Ashley Brooke Designs but who can blame us? It's just that good! How great is it that so many of our memories are documented through photos online? It’s convenient, and a good way to make sure they never get lost. Then yesterday, I stumbled across old photo albums and spent over an hour walking down memory lane. It was so fun to flip through my old pictures. The last actual photo album I have is from three years ago, and that is not okay! So I decided to take the plunge and design an Instagram photobook. Artifact Uprising makes it easy and affordable to display your 21st century photos the old-fashioned way. Make one for yourself or give one as a gift!
2. SafeWorldSafeWorld is a nonprofit that focuses on specific projects throughout the world with an emphasis on community, educational, medical, economic, and spiritual development. SafeWorld is a good friend of Market Colors, and we love what they are doing! One of the projects they are working on now is in Uganda. With extremely thorough planning, they are now raising funds to equip a community of 300,000 people with medical access, schooling, and more. You can be a part of the transformational work that SafeWorld is doing. Click here to find out how.
3. Bleached Envelope Clutch - Market ColorsWe’re so excited and we just can’t hide it! Our new summer line is now available on the website, and this clutch has us ready for a day at the beach, an afternoon at the park and a night on the town! Handmade in Kenya, this bleached burlap dream comes complete with a leather wrap-around strap for an added touch of class, and can fit all the essentials and more. You’ll even get a card that will help you get to know the craftsman who made your item. It just doesn’t get any better. It’s safe to say this clutch will be a timeless one.
4. Doublenest Hammock (Eno) by Eagles Nest OutfittersI saw this little beauty for the first time on our Market Colors camping trip. Everyone knows sleeping on the ground in a tent isn’t that comfortable, but not everyone knows that there is something else you can do to make your night more pleasant. Enter in the Eno. The Eno is a hammock made for sleeping outdoors overnight. Find two posts, trees, structures… anything… and hang your Eno. This cocoon-like bed will keep you covered and give you more natural back support than sleeping on the ground in your tent. And the best part is that if you don’t have a place to stay, just hang up your Eno and call it a night.
5. You’re Already Amazing by Holley Gerth“You’re not only amazing. You’re enough. You’re beautiful. You’re wanted. You’re chosen. You’re called. You’ve got what it takes… not just to survive but to change the world.” I love this book. From its encouraging words to witty statements, this book fills me up. As women, we so often feel inadequate. But those inadequacies can be shattered when we realize how great and amazing God thinks we are. Holley Gerth equips you to forget the expectations of the world and embrace the beauty of who God created you to be.
6. Hunter VisionEye drops, contacts, contact case, contact solution, glasses, glasses case, and glasses cleaner. That used to be my life every time I packed for trips. After getting LASIK, I don’t even have to think twice about my eyes when I’m packing for my adventures. This month, Hunter Vision is offering a special promotion where you could win free 3D LASIK! Dr. Hunter is a specialist in LASIK surgery, premium custom cataract surgery, dry eye issues, and general eye care. Dr. Hunter and his team really are the best and, on top of that, they have the most advanced technology in Central Florida. Hunter Vision offers complimentary consultations to find out if you're a candidate for this life changing procedure. I could talk about the amazingness of LASIK for days but you really just have to "see" for yourself! Click here for info about how to win LASIK this month!
7. RELEVANT MagazineBased in Winter Park about ten minutes from our office, this publication for twenty and thirty somethings focuses on “faith, culture and intentional living.” Each issue is filled with killer design, stunning photography and thought-provoking stories covering everything from your favorite bands to political issues to spiritual struggles. Each Relevant article I have read has caused me to think more, dream bigger, or form an opinion. An added bonus, you can now subscribe to receive each issue on your iPad! I would op for both because who doesn't love some snail mail now and again? In addition, RELEVANT has an incredible podcast that our team loves listening to!
8. The World's Best Cheese BallWe all have a few go-to dishes we love to make for parties. For me, it’s this cheese ball. It’s impressive, considering how inexpensive and easy it is to make. I’m a little hesitant to reveal how simple this cheese ball is (and I know, can we please think of a better name than “cheese ball”?) because my friends will now know that it has just four ingredients. I do put a spin on this and add some bacon bits. But otherwise, stick to this recipe and get ready for the compliments! Click here for the recipe.