By: Lindsey Yaros
Spring is here and we couldn't be more excited! We're ready for sunshowers, working in the garden and all the beautiful weather we can soak in. We've compiled our favorite things for April to help you put some spring in your step.
1. Hunter Rain Boots - April has rolled in along with its many showers and even some snow up north. Need a cute pair of waterproof boots to wear? Check out Hunter rain boots. They come in all sorts of colors and can be worn in any type of weather. First manufactured in Scotland in the 1800s, they have a rich history and have even been worn by royalty!
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel - Wes Anderson has done it again. In this elaborate tale of a concierge and lobby boy on their journey to recover a stolen painting, Anderson brings whimsy and intellect together to captivate you from beginning to end. I'm a sucker for amazing set design and costuming, and like all of his films, this one is interesting and beautiful. 3. DIY Easter Crafts - Looking for some creative things to do for Easter? Country Living has a list of 29 easy Easter crafts. Some favorites include ómbre eggs, goody bags, and bunny ears. Take a look and see what you can create!
3. DIY Easter Crafts - Looking for some creative things to do for Easter? Country Living has a list of 29 easy Easter crafts. Some favorites include ómbre eggs, goody bags, and bunny ears. Take a look and see what you can create!
4. Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide Many great books give us insight into happenings throughout the world. It’s often these works of literature that give us a glimpse into aspects of humanity that we have hardly encountered personally. Half the Sky walks the reader through stories of individual women who have been oppressed through sex trafficking, rape, slavery, murder, and other heart wrenching stories. But rather than leaving the reader feeling helpless, Half the Sky calls for solutions to empowerment among women. In 2012, PBS also released a documentary based on the book. Both the book and the documentary are incredibly educational, inspiring, and enlightening.
5. Concrete container gardens/planters - spring has sprung and what better way to spruce up your porch than with some new flowers or plants? We found these cute DIY concrete container planter’s, it’s inexpensive and a fun way to start your own garden with only a few simple steps.
6. Skyline Medallion Necklace - One of our favorite new Market Colors pieces, this necklace is hand-beaded in Namibia and adds the perfect touch of pizazz to any simple outfit. I love the way it stands out on any solid colored shirt. It's the perfect length to throw on over whatever spring outfit you're wearing and run out the door!